Herbal face cream for oily skin with witch hazel and rosemary extract. It also contains vitamin Β3 (niacinamide), prickly pear seed oil, and watermelon seed oil.
Oily skin has excess sebum production, which is due to hereditary factors, or hormonal imbalance.
Oily skin usually has a shiny film created by the oils of hypersecretion and may often have symptoms of acne and black spots, due to clogging of the pores. It is a myth, however, that oil-free products should be used on oily skin. On the contrary, research has shown that the surface of oily skin with a tendency to acne has low levels of linoleic acid in the lipid layer. The use of products with rich content of linoleic acid can effectively address the problem.
- Seamuse’s cream for oily skin contains watermelon seed oil, which is high in lithopene and linoleic (omega-6) acid and is ideal for the care of oily skin. Its oil profile is very similar to pumpkin oil. With its palmitic and stearic acid content, watermelon seed oil provides the skin with a nice and effective (but not oily) protective film. Other fatty acids (in low concentration) include: palmitoleic acid, vechenic acid, arachidic acid, lignoceric acid, ecosenic acid, and alpha-linolenic acid.
- The next important ingredient is prickly pear seed oil, which recent research has shown to contain high levels of antioxidants and has antibacterial properties. This suggests that it could be used to prevent skin damage and future rashes. Antioxidants prevent skin damage from sunlight, aging, and other stressors. Antibacterial substances are known to cleanse the skin and stop acne outbreaks.
- Witch Hazel (Hamamelis) has been observed to help relieve inflammation, tighten pores and relieve twisted hair on the skin. It can help reduce acne, as it can cleanse the skin of excess oil.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of rosemary extract help reduce edema and swelling of the skin. It has been added due to its soothing and antioxidant properties.
- An important active ingredient is also Vitamin B3 (niacinamide). Niacinamide helps create keratin, a type of protein that keeps your skin firm and healthy. It also strengthens the lipid barrier and helps reduce redness from acne and other inflammatory skin disorders, as well as minimize the appearance of pores. Finally, it has been observed that it helps regulate the amount of oil produced by the sebaceous glands and prevents their stress.
Essential steps in your daily routine to take care of oily skin:
- Systematic daily cleansing with a mild cleanser that does not completely drain the skin from natural oils.
- Use of acid products containing active substances exfoliating the surface of the epidermis (water-soluble AHA) and the inner pores (BHA fat-soluble). The action of acids is of primary importance to preventing clogging of pores and the appearance of acne inflammation.
- Contrary to popular belief, oily skin is in dire need of hydration. Creams that have a delicate and non-occlusive composition should be part of daily care. If you skip this step, oily skin will produce extra sebum and will be more prone to acne breakouts.
- Avoid hard exfoliators that contain grains, as there is a risk of excessive peeling, minor injury, and ultimately the opposite effect.
- Always use sun protection from UVA and UVB radiation, of higher index in summer (SPF 50) but even in winter months, with lower protection index (SPF 30). Choose a gentle sunscreen for combination and oily skin.
Apply to clean face and neck and eye area. It is quickly absorbed, leaving a feeling of coolness and soothing hydration on the skin.
Recommended for oily skin, for 24-hour use. If used during the day it must be accompanied by sun protection.
Contains slightly aromatic, less than 0.3%, non-allergenic.
- 50 ml / 1.69 fl oz
- Oil from prickly pear seeds
- Oil from watermelon seeds
- Hamamelis extract
- Rosemary extract
- Avocado oil
- Olive oil
- Vitamin B3
- Greek product
- Suitable for vegans
- Not tested on animals
- Free of parabens, Sodium lauryl sulfate, SLS