Herbal face cream for skin with a tendency to develop acne, with evening primrose oils, prickly pear, and witch hazel extract.
The acne-prone skin exhibits hypersecretion of sebum, which is due to hereditary factors, or hormonal disorders. They have an overproduction of sebum which clogs the pores and creates inflammation outbreaks with often mild secretion.
Our cream for acne-prone skins contains evening primrose seed oil, which is high in linoleic (omega-6) acid and is thought to soothe acne flare-ups by reducing skin inflammation. In the same way, it has a favorable, soothing effect on eczema symptoms. It has been studied with positive results to help the overall health of the skin.
Prickly pear oil has recently come to the forefront of cosmetology research. Early research shows that it has pronounced antioxidant, and antibacterial properties that help the skin’s healthy condition and prevent acne flare-ups. It contains linoleic acid which helps to retain moisture in the surface layers of the epidermis.
Witch Hazel has been observed to relieve inflammation, tighten pores and prevent hair twists in the follicle of the skin. It can help reduce acne, as it can cleanse the skin from excess oiliness.
Necessary steps in the daily routine to take care of the skin with acne outbreaks:
- Systematic daily cleansing with a mild cleanser that does not completely drain the skin from natural oils.
- Use of acid products containing active substances exfoliating the surface of the epidermis (water-soluble AHA) and the inner pores (BHA fat-soluble). The action of acids is of primary importance to preventing clogging of pores and the appearance of acne inflammation.
- Contrary to popular opinion, acne-prone skin is in dire need of hydration. Creams that have a thin rather than overly clogging consistency should be part of daily care. If you skip this step, oily skin will make extra sebum production and will have a greater tendency for acne outbursts.
- Avoid hard exfoliants that contain granules, because there is a risk of excessively intense exfoliation, minor injury and ultimately achieving the opposite effect.
- Always use sun protection against UVA and UVB rays, a higher index in summer (SPF 50) and even in the winter months, with a lower protection factor (SPF 30). Choose thin sunscreen lotion for mixed and oily skin.
- Apply to clean face and area of the neck and eyes. It is quickly absorbed, leaving a feeling of coolness in the skin and soothing hydration.
It is recommended for acne-prone skins, for 24-hour use. If used during the day it must be accompanied by sun protection.
It contains a light aromatic, below 0.3%, non-allergenic.
- Oil from prickly pears
- Oil from evening primrose flowers
- Hamamelis Extract
- Avocado Oil
- Olive oil
- Greek product
- Suitable for vegans
- Not tested on animals
- Does not contain parabens, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, SLS